It is a well known fact that most Grandmas are hip. So hip are some of these grandmothers that they already know what the cool kids are doing because they don't want to miss out on their grand kids. When my husband and I got married in September, I gained a little old granny. Except that this little old granny is way cooler than me.
I already knew that she was pretty amazing because of all of the wonderful stories that my husband would tell me about her.
1. She designed her own house, and it is made out 4 inches of Styrofoam. A story I had to check for myself with a visit of my own - it was true.
2. She would take him and his brother and cousin to this Mexican restaurant when they were little called Baby Acapulco.
3. She would let them make arts and crafts whenever they wanted to.
4. She drove a really old Honda.
5. Grandma's mother loved Coca Cola, and let the boys drink it whenever they wanted. This is why Virgil drinks about 2 a day now.
6. She was one of the most creative women in Virgil's life (except for his own mother).
So, after I was looking back over the photos from the wedding...I found this.
There is grandma blowing more bubbles than Gary and Cindy. Girl has skills.
A month later, my mother in law called us the day after Halloween.
We were awake because we had stayed in and just passed out candy.
Janet wanted to tell us about Grandma's Halloween in her new Retirement home.
Grandma had one first place in a costume contest...
as Spider Woman. I am still trying to find the picture, but again, Grandma has skills.